Roger T. Scully
Roger T. Scully joined Suisman Shapiro Attorneys-at-Law in December 2014, beginning his practice in civil and personal injury litigation and criminal defense. He received his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Vermont in 2009, and his J.D. from Western New England University School of Law (WNESL), cum laude, in 2013. Attorney Scully was admitted to the bar in Connecticut and Massachusetts in 2013.
Mr. Scully has extensive jury trial experience. Most recently, he served as Assistant District Attorney for the Norfolk County District Attorney's Office, representing the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in a diverse range of criminal matters.
During law school, Roger was the Publishing Editor of the WNESL Law Review and received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in "Advanced Writing and Legal Research." He served as a judicial intern under Judge Kenneth Shluger in the Norwich Superior Court (CT). Roger also worked as a legislative coordinator for Connecticut's largest government relations firm, Gaffney Bennett and Associates of New Britain, CT.
While an undergraduate at the University of Vermont, Roger was a four-year member of the men's Varsity Soccer team. He is an avid sports fan, and still enjoys playing soccer in his free time, as well as basketball, skiing, hiking and running.
Roger resides in Niantic, Connecticut.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Criminal/Motor Vehicle Accident Defense
- Connecticut, 2013
- Massachusetts, 2013
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- J.D. cum laude - 2013
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award in “Advanced Writing and Legal Research.”
- Law Review: WNESL Law Review, Publishing Editor
- University of Vermont
- B.A. - 2009
- Honors: Four-year member of the men’s Varsity Soccer team
- Major: Political Science
Past Employment Positions
- Norfolk County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney
- Judge Kenneth Shluger in the Norwich Superior Court (CT), Judicial Intern
- Gaffney Bennett and Associates of New Britain, CT, Legislative Coordinator