Suisman Shapiro Attorneys at Law is regularly in the news because the firm is deeply involved in the community. We often handle important, high profile cases that are covered by the media.
Disclaimer: Past results are no indication as to the value or results likely to be obtained in any present and future claims.
Eileen Duggan named as Chamber's 2017 Chair of the Board of Directors
March 23, 2017
(Tony Sheridan, President & CEO of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT; Eileen Duggan of Suisman Shapiro Attorneys at Law, 2017 Chair of the Chamber's Board of Directors; and David Pugliese of Levine Insurance Group, 2016 Chair of the Board of Directors.)
- Attorney Matthew Auger presents arguments for plaintiff in wrongful death case at Appellate Court hearing at UConn
March 21, 2017
- Suisman Shapiro Welcomes Daniel L. King as the Firm's Newest Associate
Staff at Suisman Shapiro "Adopt-a-Family" through the Neighborhood Alliance of New London
December 12, 2016
(Pictured above are Nancy Zeuli and Sherrie Monaco of Suisman Shapiro)
Protect Your Most Precious Cargo
October 18, 2016
Suisman Shapiro Named Town Attorney for Old Lyme, CT
August 15, 2016
Can FedEx Driver Get Workers’ Comp for PTSD?
May 24, 2016
Chelsea Groton Bank Appoints Jack Collins as Bank Corporator
April 19, 2016
Divorce and Your Teenager
April 19, 2016
Dime Bank Elects Eric W. Callahan As A Bank Corporator
March 24, 2016
What a Revocable Living Trust Can and Can’t Do For You
March 17, 2016
Suisman Shapiro Reappointed to Represent Local Municipalities
February 4, 2016
- Attorney Kristi Kelly takes the stage for community fundraiser
November 16, 2015
- Attorney Matthew Shafner, legal champion of working people, dead at 80
September 3, 2015
Man's Best Friend and the Law of Dogs
July 7, 2015
The Magna Carta: Eight Centuries of Liberty
By Daniel Hannan
June 5, 2015
Is Your Team Gearing Up for a Driver's License?
May 12, 2015
Choosing Quality Nursing Home Care
March 24, 2015
The Do's and Don'ts of a "Good" Divorce
February 10, 2015
Technology Can Be Worrisome for Parents - Published in The Day
January 18, 2015
New Year, New Laws
December 28, 2014
Roger T. Scully, Joins Suisman Shapiro As Its Newest Trial Lawyer
December 15, 2014
Suisman Shapiro Attorneys At Law Elects Bryan P. Fiengo As Director
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Attorney Matthew Shafner to Receive Second Lifetime Achievement Award
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Kristi Aalberg Kelly Joins Suisman Shapiro As Its Newest Attorney
Monday, September 22, 2014
Griswold Man Arraigned In Fatal Crash
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Montville accepts $5 million DEEP grant toward wastewater pretreatment system - The Day
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Jury rules Mass. man not guilty in Lebanon stabbing
Thursday, December 20, 2013
Attorney Eric W. Callahan Prevails in Jury Trial
Friday, February 14, 2014
- Michael A. Blanchard is Named Top 100 Lawyer by ASLA
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Suisman Shapiro has been selected by the 2014 Edition of U.S. News - "Best Law Firms"
Tuesday, November 05, 2013
The firm was selected for Personal Injury Litigation and Workers' Compensation
"Benchmark Plaintiff" Again Names Suisman Shapiro One of Eight "Highly Recommended" Firms in the State of Connecticut
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Five of the firm's attorneys have also been honored as "Local Litigation Stars" in the publication's third edition
Suisman Shapiro Attorneys Again Named to Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers; Eric W. Callahan Selected as a Rising Star
Monday, October 21, 2013
Attorneys Matthew E. Auger, John A. Collins, III, and Matthew Shafner are among the top 5% of lawyers in Connecticut and New England to receive this distinction. Eric W. Callahan has been named as a Rising Star, an honor received by only 2.5 percent of attorneys under age 40.
Judge Adjusts Settlements in 2007 Tanker Crash on I-95 in East Lyme
Saturday, October 12, 2013
artford Judge Kevin G. Dubay this week ordered that attorney fees, interest and other costs be added to the $15.7 million a Superior Court judge awarded this spring to the surviving family members and injured victims of a deadly crash on Interstate 95 in November 2007 that left three people dead.
- Suisman Shapiro is Community Partner for Safe Futures "Power of Purple" Hot Cider Walk to End Domestic Violence
Tuesday, October 01, 2013
The Power of Purple campaign, founded by the Rose Conrad Memorial Fund of Safe Futures in partnership with Hadassah American Affairs of Eastern Connecticut will present this special event for Domestic Violence Awareness Month on Sunday, October 27 in Groton City.
Shafner's legacy one well worth recognizing
Friday, September 13, 2013
Published in The Day on September 13, 2013
Matthew E. Auger, John A. Collins, III, and Matthew Shafner Named to Best Lawyers in America For 2014
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Since its inception in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
Attorney John A. Collins III Achieves AV Rating by Martindale Hubbell
Thursday, August 15, 2013
Lawyers are rated on their legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability and legal experience
- Team Suisman Shapiro Participates in Groton Parks and Recreation 2013 Tour de Noank
Monday, June 17, 2013
The event was held on June 15, 2013 at Esker Point Beach in Groton, CT.
- Shafner to be honored for dedicating his career to doing what's right
Monday, June 10, 2013
Article by Karen Florin published in The Day, June 10, 2013
- Attorney Jeff Hill To Be Inducted Into The New England Basketball Hall of Fame
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Ceremony to be held on June 22 at the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts
- Suisman Shapiro Sharks Compete in CAN/AM Hockey Tournament in Toronto
Friday, May 24, 2013
The team brought home a Bronze Medal !
- Attorney Michael Blanchard Leads Team Suisman Shapiro In The 2013 Angel Ride To Support Kids With Life Threatening Diseases
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
The An gel Ride will be held on May 25-26, 2013.
- Horrific Crash Nets $16 Million For Plaintiffs
Monday, May 06, 2013
By Christian Nolan Published in the Connecticut Law Tribune on May 6, 2013
- Seminar on Hot Topics in Labor and Employment Law to be held on May 14
Wednesday, May 01, 2013
Presented by Attorney Eileen Duggan
- Deadly I-95 Crash Case Headed for Trial
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Attorney Matthew Shafner represents victim's estate.
- Attorney Jeanette Dostie Provides Information for Parents of Special Needs Children
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Event sponsored by Groton Advisory Committee for Disabilities
- Attorney Matthew Shafner will introduce the documentary "Hot Coffee" and lead a discussion at the Groton Public Library (1,826.20K)
Tuesday, November 06, 2012
Movie will be presented at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 15, followed by a Q&A session
- Suisman Shapiro Goes Mobile
Thursday, September 13, 2012
The firm's traditional website has been optimized for smartphones.
- Trial Lawyers Care: Matthew Shafner Remembers Joshua Piver
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Trial Lawyers Care is the largest pro bono legal program ever undertaken with over 1,000 volunteer attorneys representing more than 1,500 victims who have chosen to make claims unter the September 11 Victim Compensation Fund.
- Suisman Shapiro Hosts Third Annual Business After Hours
Friday, September 07, 2012
Event sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut and co-hosted by A Thyme to Cook Caterers of Stonington
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors Montville Education Foundation's 4th Annual "Tee it up for Education" Golf Tournament
Monday, August 13, 2012
Event was held on Monday, August 13, at the Mohegan Sun Country Club at Pautipaug
- State Drops Case Against Norwich Man Who Shot Son
Wednesday, August 01, 2012
Attorney Michael Blanchard led the defense.
- Unusual Asbestos Case Yields Rare Trial
Monday, June 18, 2012
Suit named trade association rather than product manufacturer. Article published in the Connecticut Law Tribune on June 18, 2012.
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors Wellness Fair at East Lyme High School
Monday, June 18, 2012
More than 300 staff and faculty participated in this community program.
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors Groton Parks and Recreation Third Annual Tour de Noank 5K Road Race and Fun Run to Benefit Prader-Willi Syndrome Research
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Suisman Shapiro staff and families ran in the race and volunteered at the event.
- A Hero In Uncovering an Industrial Killer
Friday, June 15, 2012
Letter to the Editor by Attorney Matthew Shafner appearing in The Day on June 15, 2012
- Congratulations Graduates!
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Safety is "key" to high school graduation celebrations.
- Suisman Shapiro Supports the Hole in the Wall Gang's Angel Ride
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Event will be held Memorial Day weekend 2012.
- Attorney Michael A. Blanchard Presents at CCDLA's "Panel of Champions" Seminar
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Event was held at the Mohegan Sun on May 17, 2012
- Suisman Shapiro Staff Member Participates in Read Aloud Day at Mohegan Elementary School
Friday, May 11, 2012
The event was held on May 11, 2012.
- Suisman Shapiro Donates the Documentary Film, "Hot Coffee," to Five Local Libraries
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
The film exposes some of the widespread misconceptions about this infamous personal injury case.
- Attorney Carolyn P. Kelly Named as The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
The National Trial Lawyers is a national organization composed of America's premier trial lawyers from each state.
- Attorney James Berryman Attends the 2012 Annual Longshore Conference in New Orleans
Monday, March 26, 2012
Conference is hosted every March by Loyola University College of Law Institute for Continuing Education
- NEWSMAKER OF THE DAY: EILEEN C. DUGGAN
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Waterford Woman Named Ledyard's Town Attorney
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors The Jewish Federation of Eastern Connecticut's Film Festival featuring "Nuremberg: Its Lesson For Today"
Tuesday, March 06, 2012
"Nuremberg: Its Lesson For Today" was shown on Opening Night, Sunday, March 4, 2012 at the Olin Science Center at Connecticut College.
- Suisman Shapiro Elects Eric W. Callahan as Director
Thursday, March 01, 2012
Attorney Callahan concentrates in the areas of business law, municipal law, commercial transactions and real estate law.
- Attorney Matthew Shafner Featured as Guest Speaker for The Yale Occupational Health and Environmental Medicine Program and Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
Friday, February 03, 2012
Attorney Matthew Shafner donates his time to educational programs
- Suisman Shapiro Joins New London Main Street Program as a Major Funder
Friday, December 02, 2011
The firm is also a sponsor of the new skating rink on the Parade Plaza
- Attorneys Raymond Baribeault, Michael Carey and Jeanette Dostie Place Third in Trivial Pursuit Challenge to Benefit Madonna Place
Thursday, December 01, 2011
- Attorneys Michael Blanchard and Matthew Shafner Named as The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Thursday, November 17, 2011
- Chamber of Commerce of Eastern CT Business Education Series: Managing the Workforce using the Tools in the Toolbox with Suisman Shapiro
Wednesday, November 02, 2011
Event to be held at the Visiting Nurse Association of Southeastern CT on November 16, 2011 at 8:30 a.m. Presented by Attorney Eileen Duggan.
- Team Dragonheart in Memory of Attorney Michael V. Sage Ranks as #1 Community Fundraising Team for the Second Year at the Start! Heart Walk at Rocky Neck State Park
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Azadeh Rezvani and Team Dragonfly again generate over $5,000 for the American Heart Association
- John A. Collins III, Matthew Shafner and Matthew E. Auger Named to The Best Lawyers in America®
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Three lawyers from Suisman Shapiro Attorneys at Law were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2012
- Attorney Raymond L. Baribeault Jr. Appointed to The Connecticut Bar Examining Committee
Friday, September 16, 2011
- Suisman Shapiro Mourns the Loss of Attorney Andrew Brand
Friday, August 12, 2011
- Suisman Shapiro Team Runs Away with Honors at Tour de Noank 2011
Monday, June 20, 2011
Suisman Shapiro again sponsors Groton Parks and Recreation 5K Road Race and Fun Run to benefit Prader-Willi Syndrome. The event was held on Saturday, June 18 at Esker Point Beach in Groton.
- Attorneys at Suisman Shapiro Featured In Grace: A Magazine for Women
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Grace recently sat down with the five female attorneys practicing at Suisman Shapiro PC of New London to get their thoughts on maintaining life and work balance and gender differences in the field.
- ECC Spring Tournaments Sponsored by Suisman Shapiro
Wednesday, June 08, 2011
- Artwork by Constance Vogell, Paralegal at Suisman Shapiro, Featured in Hartford Courant
Wednesday, June 01, 2011
- Suisman Shapiro Little League Night at Waterford Speedbowl
Monday, May 09, 2011
Event was held on May 7, 2011.
- Lyme-Old Lyme Little League Honors Jay Berryman's "Distinguished Service"
Friday, May 06, 2011
- Suisman Shapiro Race Car on Display at Crystal Mall
Friday, March 25, 2011
Waterford Speedbowl previews race cars at the Crystal Mall 2011 Preview Auto Show, March 25-27
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors Galvin Motor Sports #18 Street Stock Race Car at the Waterford Speedbowl. Voting for the Design-the-Car Contest is Now Underway!
Friday, February 18, 2011
Fans can vote for their favorite design now through February 24
- Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut Elects Attorneys Eileen Duggan and Eric Callahan as Trustees
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Suisman Shapiro is a Regional Benefactor of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors ECC Unified Sports at Norwich Free Academy
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Event was held on Tuesday, February 15, 2011.
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors ECC Indoor Track Championship At The U.S. Coast Guard Academy
Saturday, February 05, 2011
Event was held on Saturday, February 5, 2011.
- Attorney Raymond Baribeault is Appointed to Eastern Connecticut Association of Realtors Commercial Committee
Monday, January 31, 2011
Committee serves to educate the community on commercial real estate matters.
- Suisman Shapiro Becomes a Regional Benefactor of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Firm joins a select group of businesses and professional organizations whose support is crucial to the Chamber's mission.
- Attorneys Jay Berryman and Erin O'Leary Meet with Former Boston Red Sox All-Star Shortstop & ESPN Baseball Analyst Nomar Garciaparra
Friday, January 21, 2011
Attorneys attend World Baseball Coaches Clinic at the Mohegan Sun Resort to provide legal insight to coaches from around the globe
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors the 2011 Galvin Motorsports #18 Street Stock Car and Announces Design-the-Car Contest
Monday, December 20, 2010
- Attorney Jay Berryman Competes in 35th Annual Tarzan Brown Mystic River Run
Monday, November 08, 2010
Attorney Berryman is pictured (center) in Westerly Sun photo by Susannah H.Snowden. Benjamin Lazarus, son of Suisman Shapiro Paralegal, Joanna Lazarus, finishes the race in second place overall.
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors ECC Football to Support Student Athletes
Friday, November 05, 2010
- Legal Assistants Christine Snitkin and Tammy West Choreograph and Perform in U.S. Premiere Musical, "Once Upon A Time In Atlantic City," at The Spirit of Broadway Theater
Monday, November 01, 2010
Christine Snitkin choreographs and Tammy West performs in new musical.
- 2010 University of Connecticut School of Law Graduate, Erin O'Leary, Joins Suisman Shapiro As Its Newest Attorney
Monday, November 01, 2010
Ms. O'Leary is admitted to the Connecticut bar and begins her practice in personal injury law.
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors Food Drive at Mohegan Sun's Healthy Habits Showcase
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Expo and food drive was held on Sunday, October 24
- Always Up for a Challenge; Carolyn Kelly Embraces the Intellectual Rigors of Practicing Law
Friday, October 15, 2010
Article published on the University of Oregon School of Law website, http://www.law.uoregon.edu/news/printer/1494
- Suisman Shapiro Hosts Exhibit at the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities 28th Annual Statewide Convention and Exhibition
Thursday, October 07, 2010
Event was held on Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors 33rd Annual Jack O'Keefe Memorial Strides Road Race to Benefit The Arc of New London County
Monday, October 04, 2010
Attorney Robert Tukey has served on the board of The Arc of New London County for the past six years, and is also a past President.
- Team Dragonheart in Memory of Attorney Michael V. Sage Ranks in Top Five at Start! Heart Walk at Rocky Neck State Park
Monday, October 04, 2010
Azadeh Rezvani and Team Dragonfly generate over $5,700 for the American Heart Association.
- "A Magical Afternoon with Mr. Magic" to Benefit the Rose Conrad Memorial Fund is Sponsored by Suisman Shapiro
Wednesday, September 01, 2010
Event to be held on Sunday, September 12 at 2:30 p.m. at All Souls Church in New London.
- Firm to Sponsor Artistry in Motion Road Race to Benefit the Lyme / Old Lyme Education Foundation
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
3rd annual event to be held on September 11 at Sound View Beach
- Suisman Shapiro to Sponsor the Sixth Annual Homeless to Hopeful Benefit Dance
Friday, August 27, 2010
Event to be held on Friday, September 10 at the Port n' Starboard at Ocean Beach Park in New London from 7-10 p.m.
- Attorney Jay Berryman to Appear on News Talk 104.7 FM WXLM's Lee Elci Show to Discuss Workers' Compensation Issues
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Live show to air on July 28 from 9 -10 a.m. with guest host, Dr. Anthony Alessi.
- Safety is "Key" to High School Graduation Celebrations
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Suisman Shapiro donates carabiner key rings to eight area schools' safe graduation celebrations to reinforce the importance of teens driving safely.
- Suisman Shapiro Hosts Business After Hours Event to Celebrate the Revitalization of New London's Historic Waterfront District
Thursday, June 10, 2010
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors Little League Night at The Waterford Speedbowl
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Event to be held on Saturday, May 15 at 5 p.m. All youth in Little League uniforms get in free! Exciting Home Run Derby and other fun activities.
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors Easter Seals 5K Walk To Support People with Disabilities
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Event to be held on May 16, 2010 at Old Mistick Village and Mystic Aquarium and Institute for Exploration starting at 8:30 a.m.
- Suisman Shapiro Team and Families Assist with Help For Haiti: One Meal at a Time event at Fitch High School
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
- Attorney Eric Callahan Attends New Member Reception of the Old Saybrook Chamber of Commerce
Friday, April 09, 2010
Event was held at The Saybrook at Haddam Assisted Living Retirement Community on March 10, 2010
- Attorney Matthew Auger Welcomed as Accredited Attorney for the Department of Veterans Affairs
Sunday, March 28, 2010
- Suisman Shapiro Joins The Eastern Connecticut Association of Realtors
Monday, March 08, 2010
Firm participates in 1st Annual Home Buyers and Sellers Fair
- Suisman Shapiro Attorneys and Daisy Troop 60236 Deliver Donations for Haiti Relief
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Collection drive was a special project initiated by Attorney Michael V. Sage.
- The Sudden Death of a 'Remarkable Young Man'
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
New London lawyer had made big impact in just two years
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors Eastern Connecticut Conference Tournaments to Support Student Athletes
Friday, February 12, 2010
New Program to provide much needed funding for athletic and educational programs
- In Memoriam, Attorney Michael V. Sage
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Suisman Shapiro mourns the loss of its friend and colleague, Attorney Michael V. Sage
- Attorney Michael V. Sage Receives CALI Excellence Award From University of Connecticut School of Law
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
The CALI Excellence Award is given to the student with the highest class grade in "Current Issues and Trends in Insurance Litigation"
- Attorney Matthew Auger Provides Pro Bono Representation for Veterans Consortium
Friday, January 22, 2010
- Suisman Shapiro Partners with The Haitian Health Foundation
Friday, January 22, 2010
The Courtney Building at 2 Union Plaza, New London, to serve as a collection site for donations for Haiti earthquake victims
- Attorney Matthew Auger Selected for Re-certification by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Matthew Auger has been re-certified for a third five year term
- Suisman Shapiro raises $12,467 for the United Way of Southeastern Connecticut
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Attorneys Eric Callahan and Bryan Fiengo serve as campaign coordinators to raise funds for those in need in the community
- Suisman Shapiro Attorneys Auger and Sage Attend Connecticut Trial Lawyer's Association Seminar on "Defective Premises"
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
The seminar explored recent developments in defective premises case law, negligent security cases and how best to perfect the typical premises liability/slip and fall case.
- Suisman Shapiro Attorneys Named to Super Lawyers®
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Matthew Auger, Matthew Shafner and John Collins, III, of Suisman Shapiro Attorneys at Law have been named 2010 Connecticut Super Lawyers by Minneapolis based Law & Politics Publishing. Each year, only five percent of lawyers in the state receive this honor.
- Suisman Shapiro Sponsors Holiday Food Drive at Regional Health Expo
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Community stakeholders have come together again to forge an extensive grassroots campaign to collect donations of food and money to help the hungry in southeastern Connecticut.