At Suisman Shapiro, our attorneys have an extensive record of success. The articles below are just an illustrative sample of the cases we have effectively handled for our clients.
Disclaimer: Past results are no indication as to the value or results likely to be obtained in any present and future claims.
- Recent Victories:Spell,et al. v. Edwards,et al.
May 28, 2020
- Attorney Kristi Kelly Succeeds in Appeal for United States Veteran Denied Benefits
February 2, 2018
- High Court Says Delivery Driver Represented by Attorneys Rob Keville and Roger Scully was ‘Disabled’ Despite Physical Capability of Intense Exercise
April 12, 2016
- Jury awards $500,000 in methadone overdose malpractice case
July 21, 2015
- Attorneys Bryan Fiengo and Eric Callahan Win Appeal for the Town of Groton
June 23, 2015
- Visual Aids Prove Highly Effective at Trial
Thursday, May 14, 2015
- Two Day Hearing Results in Victory
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
- Jury rules Mass. man not guilty in Lebanon stabbing
By Greg Smith
A six-member jury sided with the defense’s claims of self-defense and delivered a not-guilty verdict Friday in the case of a Massachusetts man accused of stabbing a man in the back eight times during a dispute at a Lebanon horse farm last year.
Monday, January 20, 2014
- Client of Attorney Erin O’Leary Awarded More Than $130,000 in Damages Sustained in Altercation
In addition to medical expenses, the judgment included $90,000 in non-economic damages and more than $32,000 for punitive damages.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
- Client of Attorney James P. Berryman Awarded Total Disability Benefits in Stress Claim Against General Dynamics Electric Boat
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
- Jury Acquits Former Day Care Teacher in Indecent Exposure Case
By Karen Florin, The Day
- Mystic Woods Appeals Dismissed
Thursday, March 17, 2011
- Town of North Stonington Employee Termination Upheld in Arbitration
“Termination cases are never easy to sustain”
Tuesday, February 17, 2011
- Attorneys Collins and O’Leary Team Up To Win Court Directed Verdict
It is extremely rare for directed verdicts to be granted.
Tuesday, February 10, 2011
- Attorney Robert Keville Settles Workers’ Compensation Cases in Excess of $1 Million in Last Six Months
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
- Suisman Shapiro Attorneys Named to Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers
Attorneys John A. Collins, III are among the top 5% of lawyers in Connecticut and New England to receive this distinction. Attorney Robert Tukey was named a “Rising Star.”
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
- Motor Vehicle Accident Victim Represented By Attorney John A. Collins, III Awarded $1,053,356 by Arbitrator in Recent Verdict
Claims were made under Connecticut’s “rescue doctrine,” an infrequently used legal concept which was applied appropriately in this complex case.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
- Attorney John A. Collins, III Obtains $10 Million Settlement for Client
Monday, April 26, 2010
- Attorney Bryan Fiengo Wins Summary Judgement Decision for City of New London
Monday, April 12, 2010
- Attorney Carolyn P. Kelly – Reported Cases
Saturday, April 10, 2010
- Suisman Shapiro Represents Three Victims of the Middletown Kleen Energy Plant Explosion
Thursday, March 25, 2010
- Attorney Backs Zoning in Ashlawn Controversy
Suisman Shapiro Attorney Michael P. Carey has concluded that the Lyme Zoning Enforcement Officer’s position regarding issues raised about the Lyme Farmers Market and the Ashlawn Coffee facility is “reasonable and supportable.”
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
- North Stonington residents, officials ask questions about 84-unit affordable housing complex
Public hearings on the proposed 84-unit Meadowcourt affordable-housing apartment complex on Route 2 progressed for nearly three hours Thursday with no action taken by the Planning and Zoning Commission.
Friday, December 4, 2009
- Pfizer to pay workers’ comp for exposure to organics
Employers don’t like to pay for occupational diseases
Thursday, July 16, 2009
- Jury Awards Verdict To Crash Victim
Friday, October 22, 2008