Attorney Theodore (Ted) Heiser has joined Suisman Shapiro Attorneys-at-Law as a Director in the firm’s civil litigation department, practicing in the areas of personal injury and employment law. Prior to joining Suisman Shapiro, Ted was a founding member of Sullivan Heiser in Clinton, CT. He has tried numerous matters to verdict in the state and federal courts of Connecticut, Maryland and New Jersey. Ted’s extensive trial experience includes cases of wrongful death, personal injury, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, trade secrets and non-competes, partnership disputes, and many other matters.
Ted handles all aspects of personal injury law including motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, liquor liability, and premises liability. His employment litigation background includes lawsuits involving discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender and gender status, age, disability, and religious affiliation. Ted represents employees and employers with respect to wrongful termination, wage and hour claims, free speech, and other civil rights claims arising out of the employment relationship, as well as civil rights violation by municipal and state agencies, including the police. He also handles litigation involving restrictive covenants including non-compete, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements.
Ted has been named as a top rated Employment & Labor attorney by Connecticut and New England Super Lawyer since 2013. He is rated AV Rated Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review ratings, its highest designation. Ted is an active member of the Connecticut Bar Association. He currently serves as a member of the CBA’s Connecticut Lawyer Advisory Committee and the Standing Committee on Professionalism and Continuing Legal Education.
Ted is a 1991 graduate of Gettysburg College and a 1995 graduate of the Columbus School of Law at the Catholic University of America where he was a member of the Law Review. Ted is admitted to the bars of Connecticut, Maryland and the District of Columbia. He is also admitted to practice in the federal courts in Connecticut and Maryland.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Labor and Employment (Employee)
- District of Columbia
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1995
- Gettysberg College, Gettysburg, Virgina
- B.A. - 1991
Honors and Awards
- Named by Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers magazine as a top-rated Employment and Labor attorney since 2013
- Rated AV Rated Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review ratings, its highest designation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Standing Committee on Professional Ethics
- Connecticut Lawyer Advisory Committee
- Standing Committee on Professionalism and Continuing Legal Education
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member