Robert B. Keville is a Director who concentrates in Worker's Compensation and Civil Litigation. Mr. Keville is a member of the Connecticut Bar, both State and Federal. He is also a member of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.
Attorney Keville received his B. S. from Springfield College in English/Education in 1980 and his J.D. Cum Laude from The University of Bridgeport School of Law (now Quinnipiac University School of Law) in 1990 where he served as an Associate Editor for the University of Bridgeport Law Review.
Attorney Keville's practice focuses on the representation of injured workers in both State and Federal Worker's Compensation forums, as well as serious personal injury claims. He has tried numerous cases to conclusion and has appeared before various Appellate tribunals, up thru and including the State of Connecticut Supreme Court. Although the bulk of Attorney Keville's practice is on the side of the injured worker, he has also represented the side of various employers, including the Town of Groton in defense claims.
Prior to entering the practice of law Attorney Keville was a teacher and coach for nine years, primarily at Hamden Hall Country Day School, in Hamden CT. A four year varsity letterman in lacrosse at Springfield College, Attorney Keville has been active in the lacrosse community in Connecticut as a player, coach and referee. He is one of the founding members of the East Lyme Youth Lacrosse association where he served as a coach and director for many years.
Robert B. Keville was recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2022 "Lawyer of the Year" for Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants. He has also been listed for many years in The Best Lawyers in America® which is widely regarded as a definitive guide to legal excellence.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Connecticut, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1991
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1991
- University of Bridgeport School of Law, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1990
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Springfield College, Springfield, Massachusetts
- B.S. - 1980
- Honors: Four-Year Varsity Letterman
- Major: English/Education
Honors and Awards
- 2022 "Lawyer of the Year” for Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants by Best Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers in America, Workers' Compensation - Plaintiffs
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- New London County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Hamden Hall Country Day School, Hamden, CT, Teacher and Coach
Pro Bono Activities
- East Lyme Youth Lacrosse Association, Founding Member
- East Lyme Youth Lacrosse Association, Coach and Director
- Phi Delta Phi