Eileen C. Duggan
New London, CT
Ms. Duggan received her Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, from Yale University in 1990, and her Juris Doctor from the University of Virginia in 1993. After clerking for the Honorable Barry R. Schaller of the Connecticut Appellate Court, she joined the firm in 1994 and became a Director in 2001.
Ms. Duggan is admitted to the bar of the State of Connecticut (1993) and the U.S. District Court for the State of Connecticut (1994). She is a member of the Connecticut and New London County Bar Associations, and in 2002, was elected as a Fellow of the Connecticut Bar Foundation James W. Cooper Fellows Program.
Ms. Duggan has served as the Town Attorney for the Town of Groton for over 15 years, and is a Board member of the Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys. She primarily represents and advises public sector, private sector and non-profit entities in all areas of labor relations and employment law, such as, collective bargaining, grievance arbitration, personnel policies and practices, wage and hour disputes, and compliance with state and federal Family and Medical Leave Acts, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Connecticut Fair Employment Practices Act. Ms. Duggan frequently appears before such administrative agencies as Connecticut State Board of Mediation and Arbitration, the Connecticut State Board of Labor Relations, and the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities. She is a Police Officer Standards and Training Council certified instructor for Personnel Matters, and presents annual seminars for police supervisors completing recertification training.
Ms. Duggan lives in Waterford. Outside of work, she remains connected to the community through a variety of activities. As a member of the Yale Alumni Schools Committee, Ms. Duggan interviews local high school seniors applying for undergraduate admission. She is currently a Trustee of the Denison Pequotsepos Nature, and sits as a Board member of the U.S.S. Groton Sail Foundation. She is a past Chair and Board member and of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut, and previously served on the boards of Covenant Shelter and Connecticut Adoption and Family Services.
Areas of Practice
- Labor & Employment Law
- Municipal Law / Planning & Zoning / Land Use
- Connecticut, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1994
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- J.D. - 1993
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
- B.A. - 1990
- Honors: summa cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- New London County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Foundation James W. Cooper Fellows Program, Elected as a Fellow, 2002
- Connecticut Public Employer Labor Relations Association, Affiliated Member
- Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Barry R. Schaller of the Connecticut Appellate Court, Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- Yale Alumni Schools Committee, Member
- U.S.S. Groton Sail Foundation, Board Member
- Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center, Trustee
- Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut, Covenant Shelter, and Connecticut Adoption and Family Services, Prior Board Member