Roger T. Scully, III, is a Director at Suisman Shapiro. Prior to joining the firm, Attorney Scully was a prosecutor for the Norfolk County District Attorney’s Office in Massachusetts. In this role, he tried numerous criminal cases to verdict on behalf of the Commonwealth. Since joining Suisman Shapiro, Attorney Scully’s practice focuses on civil litigation with a concentration in personal injury law. Mr. Scully’s recent results include a 2018 settlement of $400,000 for a client injured while shopping at a national retailor; a 2018 settlement of $100,000 for a client struck by a car while riding his motorcycle; a 2018 settlement of $205,000 on behalf of a child injured while attending day care; and, a 2020 settlement of $250,000 for a man injured after being struck by a drunk driver. Of course, past results are no indication as to the value or results likely to be obtained in any present and future claims.
Since 2018, Roger Scully has been named to the Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers lists as a “Rising Star”; each year, no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state under the age of 40 or in practice ten years or less are selected by Super Lawyers to receive this honor. He has also been recognized by U.S. News & World Report's Best Lawyers in America - “Ones to Watch” - for 2021.
Attorney Scully serves on the Connecticut Bar Association’s 2020-2021 Board of Governors representing District No. 16. He is also a board member for the New London County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Criminal/Motor Vehicle Accident Defense
- Connecticut, 2013
- Massachusetts, 2013
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Award in “Advanced Writing and Legal Research.”
- University of Vermont
- B.A. - 2009
- Honors: Four-year member of the men’s Varsity Soccer team
- Major: Political Science
Past Employment Positions
- Norfolk County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney
- Judge Kenneth Shluger in the Norwich Superior Court (CT), Judicial Intern
- Gaffney Bennett and Associates of New Britain, CT, Legislative Coordinator
- New London County Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Connecticut Bar Association, Board of Governors
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member